Pastor Sam speaks at the National Day of Prayer 2018.
The National Day of Prayer is an annual observance held on the first Thursday of May, inviting people of all faiths to pray for the nation. It was created in 1952 by a joint resolution of the United States Congress, and signed into law by President Harry S. Truman. Our Task Force is a privately funded organization whose purpose is to encourage participation on the National Day of Prayer. It exists to communicate with every individual the need for personal repentance and prayer, to create appropriate materials, and to mobilize the Christian community to intercede for America’s leaders and its families. The Task Force represents a Christian expression of the national observance, based on our understanding that this country was birthed in prayer and in reverence for the God of the Bible.
In accordance with Biblical truth, the National Day of Prayer seeks to:
* Foster unity within the Christian Church
* Protect America’s Constitutional Freedoms to gather, worship, pray and speak freely.
* Publicize and preserve America’s Christian heritage
* Encourage and emphasize prayer, regardless of current issues and positions
* Respect all people, regardless of denomination or creed
* Be wise stewards of God’s resources and provision
* Glorify the Lord in word and deed